About Me

My photo
I am a single Grandma of 5 kids and 7 grandkids. My home nest is in Queen Creek, Arizona where I have a beautiful view of the San Tan Mountains. After living my entire life in California my son gifted me with a beautiful 2 story nest almost 4 years ago. My days are spent in semi-retirement taking care of my 4 year old grandson, Caydon. My favorite times are when my entire family gets together!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Discovering Tempe Marketplace

One of our more recent discoveries while searching Arizona for fun was finding Tempe Marketplace. It is an open air mall with couches and chairs, waterfalls, fireplaces, and a splash pad. It is fun to watch the kids cooling off from our 106 weather. You will also see an occasional adult stick a toe or two in the bubbling jumping water sprays.


Kyla Rayne finding the joy of water at Tempe Marketplace

What is your secret for longevity? This question was asked of a 104 year old Japanese woman on her birthday. She was quoted in Masaru Emoto's "The True Power of Water", as saying this. . . "I have ten experiences a day that touch my heart."









This picture also taken at the Marketplace did exactly that for me. Kyla seemed to find such joy in dancing through the water. Even though her face is covered it captured the moment for me and still touches my heart every time I look at it.














So I would ask you: What have you allowed to touch your heart lately? Can you find 10 things in one day that truly touch your heart? If not then maybe you should start looking!

1 comment: